Sunday, February 28, 2010

Random Pictures from London


Geesh! At this point, I don't even know if I remember these pictures. But, dang it, I am going to finish telling about this trip. I've got stories people!!! Stories you want to hear.






The London Eye. And, no, I didn't get on it. I don't believe in those types of death-defying rides. Why do people always tests God with these sorts of things? Those little carriage bubbles that you can see on that wheel... they can hold 25 people. There's just no sense in that!

I have no idea. I probably just thought it was a cool building. I love the architecture. (I know... kind of a big word for me to use. I almost feel a bit cultured too!)

I know that I just LOVED that building... whatever it is! Paul made me stand in front of it. He kept doing that to me the whole trip. "Stand there! You don't just want that building by itself." Well, as a matter of fact, I did. Now I just look like a dork standing there.
Sir Isaac Newton... He lived in a house right there. Seemed like a big enough deal at the time to warrant a picture... with us in it of course.
See!! Have you ever seen so many pictures of me! He's so mean! He knows I hate pictures of myself.

I think we were in Trafalger Square.

Chinatown... in London. Why do big cities feel like they have to have a Chinatown? Could someone please answer that for me?

The London Bridge... which my friend Michael says is not the London Bridge. I guess it's just a bridge then. People always have to rain on my parade.
The Tower of London...

a historic fortress and scheduled monument in central London, England, on the north bank of the River Thames. It is located within the London Borough of Tower Hamlets and is separated from the eastern edge of the City of London by the open space known as Tower Hill. It is the oldest building used by the British government.[1]
The Tower of London is often identified with the White Tower, the original stark square fortress built by William the Conqueror[1] in 1078. However, the tower as a whole is a complex of several buildings set within two concentric rings of defensive walls and moat.
The tower's primary function was a fortress, a royal palace, and a prison (particularly for high status and royal prisoners, such as the Princes in the Tower and the future Queen Elizabeth I). This last use has led to the phrase "sent to the Tower" (meaning "imprisoned"). It has also served as a place of execution and torture, an armoury, a treasury, a zoo, the Royal Mint, a public records office, an observatory, and since 1303, the home of the Crown Jewels of the United Kingdom.

I sounded really smart in that paragraph, didn't I? I know this is going to shock you, but I didn't write it. I copied it.
Why would I have taken a picture of that? I can't even read what it says. Paul probably took it:)
Hmmm... no idea. Maybe that's why Paul thinks it's a good idea to put a person in the picture.


Rode that bus... on the top... in the rain/snow mix. Always wanted to ride in a double decker bus.

Tomorrow... yes, tomorrow.... Cambridge... and 2 good stories! Promise!




No comments: