Tuesday, January 15, 2013

It was a Weird Weird Night

Have you ever watched Kristen Wiig as the Target Lady?  If not... you must!  Here's the link:  Go there now!  http://www.hulu.com/watch/72441

Did you hear her say, "It was a weird, weird night?"

I'd like to bet my night was weirder!

Jackson started with a cough on Friday night and I could tell he was not feeling well at all.  The rest of the weekend he went downhill.  His color was bad.  His energy level was WAY down! His cough was getting worse and by Sunday evening he had a fever.  He hadn't been sleeping very well so I gave him some Motrin and put him on the floor in our room to sleep for the night.

I had only been asleep for about 2 hours when I felt someone tapping on my should.  I turned to see Jackson wide awake.  He whispered, "Come here mom.  I have to show you something."  I got up and followed him to the landing right outside my room.  He stopped and I stopped.  I waited a second and then I said, "What do you want buddy?"

His reply was a very frustrated, "Oh NEVER MIND!"

Then he went to his room, instead of back to my room.  He crawled into his bed, rolled himself in a ball and hid his entire being under his quilt.

I thought, "Guess he wants to sleep in his own bed." So I headed back to my room.  In the hall, I ran into Gracie who was completely wide awake.  As a matter of fact, have you seen the owl from the Animal Crackers video who had 12 cups of coffee.  (If not click here).  She looked just like that owl.  She said, "I haven't been to sleep yet!"  She then quickly shut her door.  It was 1:30am and I was so confused.

I later found out she was scared to death.  She had walked into my room right before my incident with Jackson and she had her own incident with him.  Apparently she was heading in my bathroom for something and when she walked into my room, Jackson was just standing there.  She jumped 10 feet and then she asked him if he was ok.  He yelled, "I'M FINE!!!"  She said, "You don't look fine.  You should probably wake up mom and then he yelled, "I'M FINE!!" again.

I was probably back in bed for about 20 minutes when I felt someone leaning over me.  Then Jackson spoke.  He said, "There were two giant needles."  I said, "Are you having a dream about going to the dentist tomorrow?"  He said, "No."

He went back to his little bed on my floor.

30 minutes later...he's back.  He says, "Mom!  When's it going to stop?"

I said, "When's what going to stop?"

"All the screaming and yelling" was his reply.

"I don't know buddy."

He laid back down.

Now, I'm starting to get a little freaked out.  What in the world is wrong with him?  Starring at the ceiling a couple of thoughts went through my head:  1) I'm taking him to the doctor in the morning.  2) I think his fever is higher than I thought.  He must be hallucinating.

But, then I head down a really bad path.  What if he has a mental disorder?  What if he's going crazy?  What if he's still acting like this in the morning?  What if he walks out of the house? What is starts toward the mountains and runs into a mountain lion and forgets all the rules (click here for previous post).  What if.... What if... What if....

A few minutes later, he's back.  "Can you go to the bathroom with me?  I'm really dizzy?

I hold him while he takes care of business and then lay him back on the floor.

Another 45 minutes of tossing and turning, I get myself to settle down and begin to drift off to sleep.  Then... he's back.  He crawls into bed with me and he says, "I get it!!  When the giant meatball hits the brick wall... it turns into a chicken!"

That's it!  I'm done!!  I can not take this anymore!  What in the world is wrong with him?  It'd be one thing if he were doing all this with his eyes closed.  But, he looks like he's never been asleep.  And, he's acting like we are having a perfectly normal conversation.

I don't know if I slept the rest of the night.

I called the doctor as soon as it was 8am.  When I was explaining all this to the lady on the phone, she says, "Are you sure you don't need to take him to the emergency room?"

I said, "No.  I think we'll start with a regular doctor."

Turns out, after a thorough exam, he was diagnosed with a sinus infection and lots of pressure in the ears.  She didn't seem alarmed by any of his behavior during the night!  Shew!  She did say that sinus infections are harder to treat here because of how dry it is so we were given a list of things to do in addition to the antibiotics.

I'm happy to report... he slept like a baby last night.  And, so did I.

It was a weird, weird night.

1 comment:

Singing Shannon said...

When I get Sinus infections and pressure in my heads. I say some really weird things but I'm not going repeat here. Love to see your blogs and I know you're missed here too in Ohio..