Thursday, December 24, 2009

Massive Head Wound Harry-Merry Christmas Eve

Can you see the bandage over his eye? I'll try to post the video later. Yep, dad taped the whole stitching;-)



Christmas Eve morning (9 am to be exact) Shelby and Jackson decided to wrestle on my bed? Why? I don't know. Why in the world do kids do the things they do. Never mind the fact that we have three HUGE living rooms where they could freely roll around the floor.

10 minutes into the wrestling match, we hear crying. The kind of crying where you KNOW someone is hurt. Sure enough, Jackson comes flying down the stairs with a gaping wound over his eye.

I took one look and knew he needed stitches.

Paul went to 3 different Urgent Cares before he found one that was open. And, while waiting to be called back at the third one, my friend Kris called me at home. I told her about Jackson and she said, "Take him to Jim! Jim will stitch him right up! He's in his office."

Jim is an OB.

My six year old son went to an OB an Christmas Eve and got stitches. I don't even know what else to say about that.

We called him Massive Head Wound Harry the rest of the day.

Did you expect anything less from me? Seriously! Stories follow me around.


3 comments:

The Gang's Momma! said...

I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have your funny stories to look forward to. My days seem downright boring when I read about your life ;)

Yeah, tackling junk drawers and organizing cupboards and cabinets has reaped no fun stories or tragic dramas so far. :)

Jenney said...

Oh I have NO idea how I didn't know you had posted. Darn computer. Anyway that is too much! If you post video I will NOT be watching. A kid I babysit for got a massive head wound this past Christmas Eve morning about 11am and had to have it glued back together in an urgent care. It still looks awful. He did not have to go to an OB. But that would have made his story better. He was jumping on his mom and missed and caught the side of an end table. BOYS.

Jeni said...

When are you going to start blogging again?? Miss it..you make me laugh and I could use a good laugh this week :)