Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The First Best Artist

When I was teaching 1st grade, this little boy and little girl were arguing about who was the best artist.  Finally, the little boy said, "Yeah!  Well, God is the first best artist!!"

I thought that was the funniest thing.  Clearly.  That was almost 18 years ago and I still remember it and think it's funny.

Well, in case I never told you... that same God... well, he's my Father.  And, He passed just a tad of that artsy-ness onto me.  In case you don't believe me, I have proof.

I bought these flower pots a few years ago.  I am pretty sure I paid more than I wanted to for them and then they didn't fare so well in the elements that is the Ohio weather.  Therefore, I was all set to throw them away this year.

Well, since we were painting our house this year (yep, painted our brick house... pictures to come soon!) Paul decided he was going to spray paint those flower pots of mine in an effort to salvage them.  He used a cheap black spray paint and when I saw them, I was like, "You have got to be kidding me!  That's awful!!!  They look like they were charred in a fire!"

That was being nice about it too.  I mean, I didn't want to hurt his feelings.  

I went out and bought a bit more expensive spray paint and painted them black.  Then I got some other ideas and my flower pots went from looking like this:






To looking like this:

(That part on the bottom is not chipped paint.  It's dirt.  Just need to wipe it off.)

I think they look amazing compared to what they did look like.  I was pretty proud of myself.  I should also mention that Sue helped a lot. (Sue is our exchange student from South Korea.)  As a matter of fact, she did quit a bit.  So much so, that after I got started, I went and asked her if she'd like to help.  So, I am not kidding... EVERY single one of my neighbors came over at separate times and they were like, "SUE!!  That is so awesome!  You are so good at that!"

She totally was getting all the credit.  But, guess what?  I have a blog and she doesn't... so, don't you love the flower pots I painted?








2 comments:

Gina said...

Can you come do some crafts at my house again? Seems to be the only way I get things painted around here...

Love the pots!

I didn't know you painted your house?!? Where have I been??

Jenney said...

Maybe Sue DOES have a blog. Maybe she is a closet blogger. Man, you should see the things she posts about you guys :o)