Yeah, yeah, yeah... "what were you guys always celebrating in August?" I hear it all the time. To answer the question... I don't know. My birthday is August??? But, really, you can't plan something like that.
I thought it was really cool for awhile, all May birthdays. But, geesh, it's like Christmas around here in May. Add Mother's Day on top of it..... it is one expensive month.
Jackson's birthday was this past weekend, May 2. He had a couple of little friends spend the night. It was a pretty easy, low key celebration.
Since we celebrated him this past weekend, I thought I would share all the things I love about him.
1. He is very enthusiastic, about everything, and is not afraid to show it.
2. He hates to do things wrong. He's very sensitive.
3. I love that his little body is like that of a body builder. His pecs are so defined because he does pushups all day long. Pushups .... he pushes up onto my counter so he can climb on top of them. Apparently, it's a heck of a work out, look at him!
4. He loves me. He always wants to snuggle with me and no one else when we watch tv or a movie in our "little theatre" room. I am pretty sure he's never made it through American Idol.
5. He's the only one of the kids that ASKS to go to bed at night.
6. He is unbelievable coordinated and athletic. He rode a bike very early. He roller bladed and snow boarded the first times he tried.... like he'd done it his whole life. He's been going off the high dive at our pool since he was 2. He scored 5 goals in one of his first soccer games and a touchdown in his first flag football game.
7. I love that when he goes out to play he tells me bye 100 times. "Mom, I'm going outside."
"See you later Mom."
"See you later Buddy!"
"I'm gonna ride my scooter."
"Ok, Be careful."
I'm not kidding! Just like that! Every time!
8. He wins everything... even when he loses. For example, one time his best buddy Andrew had him pinned when they were wrestling, Jackson held him arm up and yelled, "I win!!"
When he was 4, we put him on swim team. He came in last every time. He was too busy pulling his head out of the water, smiling at everyone who was cheering him on. But, since he was last when he got to the finish line, he didn't see anyone else. So, he always told us he got first place.
9. Every time Jackson sees a newspaper stand, he pushes the coin return button. 9 times out of 10, he gets money. Friday, he pushed one and got 8 quarters. The girls, well, they are 0 for 100 times.
10. I don't know what this says about Jackson, but he has a way of manipulating. For example, a couple of weeks ago, he kept asking me if we could go to Chuckie Cheese. I bet he asked me 10 times. And, 10 times I said "No".
Well, we were on our way home from some place that night and he asked me again.
So, I said, "Jackson, are we are to Chuckie Cheese?"
He said, "Well, if you're offering?"
11. I love it that he walks down the hallways of his school like a politician. He holds up his hand and waves, "Hey, Mrs. Cline" "Hi Mrs. Davis" "Hey Mr. Jones!" "Hi Miss Lambert!"
Enjoy some of my favorite pictures of The Jackman!
P.S. No, I have never dyed his hair. Do you think I have time for things like that?