Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Girl Drama

HERE'S AN UPDATE ON MY FRIEND JANAE:


Janae is kinda of enigma right now. I think they are unsure of what actually might be wrong with her. She is in isolation. For the doctors or her husband/mom to come in, they have to suit up... they come in with oxygen tanks and the whole bit. She said she feels like a freak. In order to fit the bill, she said she was going to put a bunch of weird makeup on so that she looks like one. I told her that she would have a whole new set of problems. They would then have to move her to a new floor... the psych ward. I think that changed her mind.

ANYWAY......

They are testing her for a bunch of things. In the meanwhile, they are unsure if she even had pneumonia. They are unsure about the virus attacking her heart. I think they are throwing around the idea of an autoimmune disease- treatable one. She had a tube rammed down her throat today to get a sample of ... well, whatever it is your supposed to get out of the lungs. They may have to biopsy her lungs??

So, I don't really have any concrete news, however, she sounds better and she said she feels better. Since they are still checking her out for the virus that attacks the heart... I can tell you that her numbers for how that virus affects the heart jumped significantly and after talking to a cardiac nurse (friend of mine), this is a really good sign. Same friend- predicted a full recovery if in fact that was/is the problem.

The bottom line: She's doing better, but she's not out of the woods. You can't stop praying!! Ask God to give the doctors wisdom.

***********************************************************************************

Why is that boys can beat the tar out of each other one minute and the next minute, they're like, "Hey! Wanna throw the football?"

I think it's because guys are like waffles. The compartmentalize everything. On the other hand, girls are like spaghetti. It's all intertwined and messy.

Guess I better learn how to deal with the girl drama. After all, I did pray and ask for all these girls.

The drama has hit the 8 years old, Gracie. I am not going to go into a lot of detail about the story because I think it might be so boring you'd grab an ice pick and start going after your own eyes.

But, I have to tell you about the response of her little friend Kaylin when Paul asked Kaylin a question.

First of all, let me just say that Kaylin is an adorable little girl. Curly blond hair, great personality... we really enjoy having her around. Since there had been a little problem, when Paul saw Kaylin, he said, "Kaylin, can I ask you a question?"

She said, "Sure."

"Everything ok with you and Gracie?"

Oh yeah!! Gracie's in my top 5!"

"Your top 5?!?! Well.......who else is in your top 5?"

"Well, Grace Isaacs, Grace Roop, Grace Mays, Grace Eisenhower, and Grace Meineger.

"Your top 5 is all Grace's?"

She tilted her head to the side for a moment, pondered the question and then said, "yeaaahh!"

It was clear it had never occurred to her that her all the girls in her top 5 were named Grace.

So funny! When I named Gracie, Grace, I though I was being so unique. Clearly not!



No comments: