Friday, July 31, 2009

Tyler.. poor desperate Tyler... whoever he is

Remember me telling you that I had taken up Zumba? (If not, click here.) Well, the lady that teaches the class... the lady that looks white but certainly doesn't move like it, Janae, she has been really sick. As a matter of fact, will you pray for her right now? Seriously, just stop and ask God to laying his healing hand upon her. She has been sick for 4 weeks with viral pneumonia and she doesn't feel better at all. In fact, she may feel worse. I am really sad and worried for her.

Janae teaches this class as a ministry to woman and after the 60-minute class, she holds a 10-15 minute devotion time. Last Saturday, when she tried to hold class, I felt so sad for her (because I could tell she did not feel well) that at then end of the class.... something overcame my body and possessed me. I am not kidding! There isn't any other thing that could have caused me to walk up to her and say, "Hey, if you need someone to lead the devotional, I could do it. I mean, I don't want to, but I could." Did I mention that I DID NOT WANT TO DO IT!

She apparently didn't care that I didn't really want to do it, so she took me up on my offer. Shoot!

She scheduled me for last night.

I am ridiculous when I have to do something like... speak in front of people. I get so nervous that I can't eat. I run to the bathroom all the time. Seriously, how old am I? I just HATE speaking in front of people.

I sat down Wednesday afternoon with my laptop and started writing out the handout for the devotional. I had just started typing... stressed out and irritable, mind you. My phone cell phone was beside me and I heard the phone alert me to a text that had just popped up on my screen.

The text said:

Hello this is Amber.

I was racking my brain trying to figure out who Amber was because I didn't recognize the number. I texted back the only thing I could think of:

Which Amber?

Huh? What do you mean which Amber? There's only one. LoL

I didn't laugh out loud. As a matter of fact, I was really annoyed.

Actually, I know more than one Amber and the one I talk to the most is out of the country right now.

This is Tyler. I am looking for Amber. Wrong number? Sorry if it is.

Wrong number. No problem.

Ok. LOL. Have a great day whatever your name is.

I went back to work. I was moving right along when......

30 MINUTES LATER..... I hear the text sound again.

Hey!

Um... I'm still not Amber.

Oh. I wanted to ask you if any of the Ambers you know have the last name Pawl.

(Ok, seriously... Is there even a last name spelled like that? And, how desperate is this poor kid?)

NOPE!

Dang! I must have the wrong number or she hates me....

Is this a new number?

Nooooo!!!

Ok, well, what's up?
My name is Tyler. What's yours?

Um..... Tyler, I am a 37 year old married woman with 4 children. Do you still want to talk to me?

Sure.

I'm 19.

I was done! He sent me a few more texts but I didn't respond.

Seriously, do I have the most random things happen to me or what?

I thought about that ridiculous interchange for a few minutes. Then, I started laughing.


Because here's the thing... if you don't walk with God... you are seriously missing out. He has a great sense of humor. I think that was His way of saying, "Will you lighten up? Why do you take yourself so seriously?"

My devotional last night... I think I did just fine:-)

I'll type it up and put it on my blog when I have time later tonight or this weekend.

P.S. PRAY FOR JANAE!! RIGHT NOW!!!





5 comments:

Jenney said...

Well if anything ever happens to Paul it is good to know you have a fall back, right?

Kim said...

I have prayed for Janae and asked that healing energy be sent to her.

Also, although you didn't ask, I took the liberty of praying for Tyler in the hopes that he finds the Amber he is so desperately seeking. :)

Belle said...

Haha...that's hilarious. My cell number slightly resembles the number for LaRosa's pizza in Cincinnati (I have a Cincy area code) and I occasionally get calls for people trying to order pizza. I even got a voicemail of that! Who leaves a voicemail to order a pizza?

Amy said...

That's a great story! So funny!

Unknown said...

oh my gosh your texting with Tyler cracked me up!!! I would of been like "listen, I have only 250 texts per month thanks to my wonderful hubby which averages out to EIGHT per day...sorry you don't make the cut"