Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Have you ever been to a mock car wash?

One day, not too long ago, Janae and I were out and about doing whatever is it that us "stay at home moms" do. And, lest you think nothing.... don't even get me started.

Really, it matters not what we were doing. I'm finding myself a little feisty right now because I just spent 5 hours straight working on a George Washington Carver project. I'm about to pull my kids out of school and homeschool them again. I am that delusional.

ANYWAY....

So, Janae and I were by the school that our children attend and she looked over to see a sign in front of the school. She read the sign: "Mock car wash." She pondered that for a second and then she said, "Now, how in the world do they do that?"

As she continued deeply thinking it through, she started acting out the car wash. She was doing the famous wax on wax off movement with her hands. She was spraying the car down with her imaginary hose and just desperately trying to figure out the whole concept.

Meanwhile, I sat in the seat next to her and watched . As she took a break and waited for me to chime in, she looked over to see me just starring at her. She got this blank expression on her face and without any emotion in my tone I said to her, "Can you read that sign again?"


(I know you can barely see the picture, but I HAD to have A picture.)

Janae turned to read the sign again and said, "OH!! MOCK CAR CRASH!"

That was it! We could barely drive. Doubled over laughing, the kind that gives you the worst stomachache, tears streaming down the face, we barely made it back to my house.

And, for days I told the story and laughed about it.

Several days later, Janae and her husband, Michael, went out of state and bought a boat. The next day they wanted to go out on the boat. I was invited to be part of the maiden voyage. I wasn't about to miss out on that, but I had to work a football game later in the evening. The only way I could go was to drive myself and follow them.

As we were leaving town, they needed gas. They pulled into a gas station and I pulled to the front of the store so I could park. I didn't want to be behind the big truck and boat as they tried to maneuver it at a gas station for the first time. They pulled forward and backed up once or twice. I really wasn't paying that much attention to be honest. I was catching up on Facebook statuses on my phone while I waited for them. All of a sudden, out of the corner of my eye, I saw Janae walk up to the van next to me. She started rubbing something on the passenger side of that van.

I was like, "OH NO!!! They hit that van when they were pulling forward and she's trying to rub off the paint they left behind. That's terrible! The first time out and they hit something. Michael's going to be so mad!" And on and on and on went my thoughts.

All of a sudden, rounding the front corner of that van parked next to me, the same van Janae was rubbing, a little old lady barreled around in her wheelchair. The lady had a rag and was madly wiping down all the water spots on her van that she had just taken through the car wash. Janae had gotten out of the van to help as she was sure the old woman was going to spill out of her wheelchair at any moment. As I was putting all this together, a loud knock on my window (driver's side) caused me to jump and turn to see who could possibly want my attention. It really startled me because I was looking out my passenger side window watching Janae.





It was Michael.

I opened my door and he quickly poked his head in and said, "Janae's participating in a mock car wash."

As quickly as he appeared, he was gone.

I was on my own.... doubled-over, laughing... trying, through tears to follow them to the lake.

Days after questioning a mock car wash, bless her heart, she got to be part of one. If the Lord doesn't have a sense of humor..........




2 comments:

Tony and Rett said...

Bwhahahahahah HOW I have MISSED your stories!!!!!

Unknown said...

ohhhh that is a good one!!! :) You two crack me up! Love ya both!