Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thankfulness on Thanksgiving Eve





Wednesday night we had already begun eating dinner when Gracie realized we had not prayed for our meal. She stopped everyone and insisted that she thank the Lord. Never mind everyone already had food in their mouth.

Not a good idea.

After she had thanked the Lord for things... well, things you think she'd thank the Lord for... she proceeded to thank the Lord for William Bradford.

I about choked on whatever it was I had in my mouth. I mean call me un-American but it has never crossed my mind to thank the Lord for the English leader of the Plymouth
Colony. I mean is your family patriotic enough to thank the Lord for William Bradford? That's what I want to know!

On a completely unrelated note, I always feel the need to talk about things I see that bother me. Yes, lots of things bother me. And they're usually really stupid things.

Like the other day, when I had to drive my children to school because I had not misplaced one but two field trip permission slip forms for Gracie, I saw a bus. Now that's not unusual. But, the bus NUMBER was unusual and it made me really mad. It was bus #275. Really!!?? Bus #275. Is that necessary? What happened to like bus #9 or bus #30? I live in a medium sized midwestern city. There is no need to have a bus with that many numbers. How's a kid supposed to remember that? That's what makes me so mad about it.



I know you can't see the number, but that is bus #275.

Then, I was at the grocery store and saw this can of soup.
Really? Beause I don't know that many people anyone who's had a hankering for turtle soup in general. So, I have a hard time believing there's a market for mock turtle soup. But what do I know?

One word: GROSS!
*********************************************************************************
Paul thoroughly managed to get rid of absolutely anything in his system about 4 am on Monday morning. He didn't move much on Monday but on Tuesday, he insisted on taking me out to breakfast. He decided to take a much needed and well-deserved day off. He knows I love breakfast and so we went on a date. I almost asked if they could make me some oatmeal with peanut butter and chocolate, but I was afraid they wouldn't get the amount of water right. I mean just eating the exact same breakfast in a different location would have been a change, right?

Anyway, Paul and I were talking about our illnesses... geesh! Like two old people we were discussing our past 2 weekends. I was sick and then he was sick. I said, "Well, I think they were a little different because I didn't throw up and I was really dizzy!" All of a sudden he gasps and says, "I think I just got Bell's Palsey!" And then he made this face:





He's so mean!! I'm so glad people are having such a great time at my expense.
*******************************************************************************

And, finally, I just want to know.... Does your Zumba instructor take every opportunity to dress up for whatever the occasion?.... because mine does!

No comments: