Monday, November 15, 2010

Cranial Nerve #7

I often make the comment that things are on my last nerve. This time, however, I want to be very specific and tell you that something is on cranial nerve #7.

It's not Taffy or Paul. It's not the kids or even the in-laws. To be perfectly honest, I am not even sure what's on it.

But, because something is on it...I do know what a fish feels like. You know, when it's got that hook in the side of it's mouth and it's being reeled in for the catch.

Yeah, I know because my lip looks a bit like that. And, my right eye... it's not cooperating. When I try to wink it... nope, it won't wink. When I blink, it stays open.

And, finally, I can't decide if this is the worst part of the best part... I can't taste a thing. Honestly, if you told me to close my eyes (and if I could get my right eye closed) I am not sure if I could taste the difference between headcheese (click here for previous post on that very topic) and cheesecake. This whole thing could be a huge blessing if I could forget about eating for as long as my 7th cranial nerve is being attacked.

When something is on your 7th cranial nerve, you have Bell's Palsey. At this point, I am thinking it's a very, very minor case. The doctor also thinks it is minor.

If you could pray for my partially paralyzed face, that'd be fabulous!

I'll tell you more in my next post. Just wanted to quickly get a post up... trying to be better about blogging!





3 comments:

Tony and Rett said...

I know all about that type of palsey...several in my family have had cases of it...i'll be praying for you...um and your face!

Unknown said...

get your butt ( or I guess it would be your neck) into Dr. Roberts and get adjusted!!!

Pam said...

I hope you get better quick, that had to be weird to wake up like that!